KUALA LUMPUR: The Barisan Nasional will form the next Government as it has won more than half the parliamentary seats.
However, the coalition suffered some of the greatest defeats in its history. Barisan Nasional chairman Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, in accepting the results, said this was clear proof of democracy at work in the country.
Among the results yesterday were:
- The Barisan lost Kedah, Penang, Perak and Selangor,
- PAS strengthened grip on Kelantan,
- Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting won in their seats,
- Among ministers who lost their seats were Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu, Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin,
- Gerakan acting president Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon lost to Dr P. Ramasamy in the Batu Kawan parliamentary seat.
Meanwhile, party leaders urged for calm and police have banned all victory celebrations.
So, they banned victory celebration this time but not in the last term. At that time, BN won easily and they can celebrate. This time they suffered big losses in big turf like Kedah, Penang, Perak and Selangor….. the police don’t let others celebrate. And Jeff Ooi, congratulations on the debut win in Jelutong. All the best and serve the blogging community ok !! You are our representative.
Oh yeah…. my hometown Selayang and the place I’m staying have a new hope now !!! Harapan baru untuk rakyat.